Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ugly Paper Cards I made for Smalltown Girl's OWH Birthday Bash Party!

One of my Wednesday SDU students at asked me what I do with all the Ugly 12x12 paper that comes in the stack packs that you will never use in a layout. I told her I cut them up into 4 x 6 pieces of paper and file them in a photo box by color themes. Then when I need to make a card or two I can go to my box grab some paper and be ready to start making my cards. I personally think you can make any paper into a cute card! She didn't believe me and challenged me to take a piece of ugly paper she chose from her own collection and try to make a few cards out of it.

I am happy to say this Challenge turned out to be no challenge at all!! I made 6 cards from her ugly paper, and choose to use them for Smalltown Girl's OWH Birthday Bash Party!

On this card I used a Thank you stamp I got at Michael's for $1.00 and colored in the flowers with matching colors. I attached 3 small pieces of orange ribbon scraps to the side of cream & pink card stock square with rounded corners. All placed on an orange card made from card stock!

For the "Thinking of You" card I cut the sentiment out in cream with my new Cricut using the Gypsy Wondering Cartridge. I cut a pink shadow and a black shadow too! Then I placed an orange flower brad into the letter O of the word of! Very simple card, you could do this easily with any ugly paper! All placed on a pink card made from card stock!


For this card I used a Robot Singing stamp I got at Michael's for $1.49 and a Happy Birthday to you border stamp that I don't remember the company. I stamped the robot on cream then matted with pink. I stamped the words on orange and placed above the robot since he is looking up. All placed on a pink card made from card stock!


For this card I cut a cream color flower on my Cricut machine with the Gypsy wanderings cartridge. I placed a pink button on it with black floss sewed through it. I stamped the sentiment thinking of you! on pink card stock and rounded the corners. I matted it with a long orange strip. All placed on an orange card made from card stock!

For this card I cut a pink & orange cake on my Cricut using the Celebrations Cartridge. I cut just the middle out of the orange cake and placed it on the pink cake, then matted the back with red to show through as icing borders. I then placed darker pink dots all over the cake to dress up the frosting a little. There is a black shadow behind the cake too, to make it jump off the page. I stamped Happy Birthday on orange card stock and placed beside the cake and added two small black brads. All was placed on a orange card made from card stock!

For my last card I used an Elephant Jumbo thank you stamp I got at Michael's for $1.00. I stamped the elephant on cream then matted with orange. I placed 3 pink brads on a pink card stock strip and glued beside it for extra decoration. All placed on a pink card made from card stock!



As I said before I think you can take the ugliest of paper and turn them into some really cute cards! So what do you think? Did I make the ugly 12 x 12 paper into some cute cards? Which is your favorite? Let me know what you think in the comments section. I would love to read your thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. I love your cards. Did you stamp on the ribbon for a couple cards? We make OWH cards every other Sunday at our LSS. One Sunday Rhonda & I had a contest to see who could use up more ugly paper. It was amazing how we could think out of the box & we ended up with some great cards.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate any comments left, good or bad, as they help me grow and brighten up my day. Thanks for visiting my blog!